Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A New Direction...

Ha...as I typed that title all I could think of was Rachel Barry and her gold stars on GLEE!  Not what I meant at all, but I bet my fellow GLEEKS are now reliving their favorite Glee moments.  I meant that I am trying to refocus my life and recapture my joy.  I started this blog as a way to be thankful on days that seem too black to have a thankful thought.  I seem to have drifted away from that. So for the last couple of weeks I have been trying something new.  I have been rediscovering my love for Yoga...and a new love NIA.  Nia is like an amazing blend of yoga, tai chi, and dance.  I used to love spending time in the clubs dancing my heart out.  I didn't care if anyone was watching.  I moved the way the music told me to move, and by the end of the night I was usually sweaty and happier than I had been all week.  Nia allows me to escape all the thought that knock around in my head throughout the day, and just move.  I can close my eyes and dance out anything that might be bothering me.  Cleansing your soul is built into the choreography...you move seamlessly from strong tai kwon do type punches and lunges to a much more fluid dancey type moment.  I won't lie...it is HARD...I am a hot drippy sweat ball when the class is over...but I feel AMAZING.  So for now...even though I am having to take a new chemo drug...even though I think that drug might be causing ulcer type places on my tongue (OUCH)...I have an hour several days a week where I can lunge...kick...and punch at the cancer that pulls at me....and then rejoice in my ability to still move my body in a way that pleases me.  Man that sounds really hippie...dippie...but for most of my life I have bought into a more hippie dippie philosophy of life.  It feels good to stretch back into that person.  I hope all is well with you my friends...if not find a NIA class and dance away whatever ails you!
TO the Moon and back!
Sarah
I mean really...how can a person be sad when surrounded by
people pretending to be lions?


RELEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment