Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Mimi!


Yesterday was a full and fabulous day!  The Bug auditioned for a spot in the local fine arts school.  She memorized a monologue from "Little Women," and she did a great job.  I wasn't allowed to be in the room while she auditioned (VERY nerve-racking for mom)...and the little girl who came out as Robin was called back was in tears.  She told her mom that she remembered 2 lines and then just stood there in the middle of the stage and cried.  I spent the rest of the time Robin was gone praying she would remember her lines and perform it as well as she did when she brought her Mimi to tears.  About 4 minutes later she came bouncing out...confident and very pleased with how she did.  As a special reward for all her hard work we went to Brighton.  She chose two charms and the necklace and then I bought her the star charm...to remind her that she will always be my star.


We spent the afternoon decorating Maa's house and making cupcakes for Mimi's birthday.  It was great to get together and celebrate as a family.  All my aunts and uncles were there and even a couple of cousins.  The Bug spent a lot of time making the table look special for her Mimi.  We had party blowers and my little precious lady found new and hilarious ways of using the blowers.  All my mom's presents were a big hit, but I have to say a special thank you to Maa.  She let me give Mimi the perfect gift.  She told me that Mom really wanted a pair of black and white saddle oxfords...so I got to give that gift.  She squealed when she opened my card.  My parents usually run out and but something whenever they want it...so I was lucky to weasel my way in before she treated herself to the shoes.  
So...I hope today follows in the footsteps of yesterday.
to the moon and back,
Sarah
pics and a video!






No comments:

Post a Comment