Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Another year...another Thanksgiving.
I started the month with thankfulness post...and much like this blog I was committed to the project for about 6 posts.  I am still thankful for so many things in my life.

~My family - they pull me up out of my funkiest moods...make me laugh on the regular...prove that our silly somewhat twisted sense of humor is genetic.

~My friends - they really are an extension of my family.  I don't make friends easily so when I do...it is for life.  If I need to be silly I have surrounded myself with people who love silliness!  We can stay up into the wee hours of the morning giggling in our pj's.

~My home - My aunt calls it the "Happy House."  I love color and it soothes me to be surrounded by color.  I think I was a tad more subdued with this house.  My brother doesn't call it the clown house, so I have enough color to make me smile...but not so much that it causes spontaneous migraines in others.

~My car - I have wanted a convertible VW Big for as long as I can remember.  I swayed a bit when the convertible Mini Cooper came out...but that did not last long.  My dream came true this year, and when I am able to drive I usually choose to drive with the top down.  Music turned up...top down...singing at the top of my voice!

~My Puppy - I've mentioned this before...but I don't mind repeating myself.  My dog helps me heal daily.  She is far from perfect.  She punishes us if she thinks she is being mistreated (usually a little gift deposited somewhere in the house)...but she also finds me when I am having a come apart and wiggles her way into my lap.  She curls up every night behind my knees to sleep, and she barks ferociously at anyone who knocks on our door.

~My Precious Lovebug - the mere fact that she breathes in and out picks me up.  She pushes me to be better and feel better daily.  On days that I want to spend in bed with the covers pulled up over my head...the thought of missing out on breakfast together pulls me out of bed.  She may have a boyfriend...but she is also willing to let me read all the texts they share.  She pushes me away as she struggles to become her own person...but there are still mornings that she is willing to snuggle with Mom.

That is all for now
To the moon and back,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment