Friday, December 7, 2012

Time to Get Cozy - Journal Your Christmas 2012

I'm not sure how I feel about this title.  I mean I live in Texas...we don't usually get cozy until around February.  We are currently having temps in the mid 70s.  That type of weather doesn't really inspire me to hunker down with my favorite cocoa...or make me want to heat up the oven so we can make our traditional sugar cookies.  It also makes me think about getting "cozy" with that special someone.  I know gross...whatever....that's just what I thought.  After reading the prompt I remembered the perfect way I get cozy in a sub tropical climate...the holiday movie.
Thee Bug and I have several films that scream Christmas.  For a long time we would watch Annabelle with my aunt.  It is a movie about a calf and the special relationship she has with a boy who refuses to speak.  I don't want to give anything away but for an animated film it is a tearjerker.  As the Bug got older her taste in holiday films changed.  Now we have a couple of go to pictures.  We usually choose at least one movie to see over Thanksgiving break.  I remember heading out to Sundance theater after our huge Thanksgiving meal.  The whole family would go...I think we saw "The Santa Clause"...maybe "Liar Liar"..."Elf" there are so many.  Now I continue that tradition with my girl.  We went to see "Tangled" a couple of years ago and this year we took in "Rise of the Gaurdians."  I thought the sandman was adorable.   
Now we also curl up and watch movies at home over the holidays.  The Bug is out of school we have at least a couple of days that we get cool weather and we can stay in our pajamas cuddle up on the couch and watch something great.  "Elf" makes the home cut every year.  We can both quote most of it from memory.  Liar Liar is another favorite.  I have talked about watching the specials the show up every year on television.  Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown....I may be more into these now that the Bug...but I know she will come back around to these...I did.  
So this is how we manage to get cozy in 70  degree weather.  We crank up the AC put on our flannel PJs and watch something great on DVD!  What do you do to get cozy for the Holidays?  Do you have a go to holiday movie? tradition?
To the moon and back,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment