Friday, July 29, 2011

Thankfulness...Day 50

Today I am thankful to be back in Beaumont for my precious nephew's 3rd birthday.  He is an amazing child and becomes more amazing everyday.  The little gears inside his head are always turning and I love to see how he views the world and the people in it.  I had not received a birthday invitation and his birthday seemed to be racing closer on the calendar.  I asked my mom about his party and she let me know that the invitations had finally been chosen and mailed out.  She had a kind of smirk on her face so I asked what had happened with the invites.  She informed me that Colton did not want to have a birthday.  
I said, "You mean a party?"  
Mom says, "No he does not want to have a birthday.  He says, 'I not get older.  I stay this old.  I not peepee in the potty.  I not go to school!  So his mom told him 'No birthay, No party, No presents.'  His response was, 'I no care...I NOT get any bigger!'  Can you believe it?"
I definitely could not believe it.  Who doesn't want presents...or I guess more appropriately who is so against getting older that they will turn down gifts.  In a word...Colton.  I am most certainly thankful for that boy.  He knows who he is...what he wants...and how to get it...so amazing!


Not our shaved ice...but how fun to EAT a rainbow!
I am also thankful for the snow cone stand by my house.  I promised Robin a snow cone after a play she attended with my mom, but they didn't get home until 9:30 and the stand closed at 9:00.  I decided to cruise down the street with the snow cone stand just to be sure they were closed and guess what...  That's right even though we didn't arrive until 10:00, the stand was still open for business.  Robin and I both tried new snow cone flavors (candy apple and wedding cake...both were DELISH!).  In so many ways large and small God looks out for me and my little angel.  It made her night...even though it was late and her favorite place should have been closed...she still got to have candy apple goodness before bed.


My aunt and I had a long talk last night about the role God plays in my life.  I have been struggling with the seemingly endless roadwork being done on my life.  I think I have a handle on the detours that I have to make for now and then another branch of the road gets closed and all traffic had to be redirected...AGAIN.  I consider myself a pretty flexible...roll with the punches kind of person...but everyone has a limit and I am rapidly approaching mine.  Madge tenderly mentioned that it might be possible that I am trying desperately to control an uncontrollable situation and if I would just truly turn it over to God everything would get easier.  So easy to say...Harder than hell to accomplish!  So everyday, I complete this exercise in thankfulness...but I also ask God to steer my life where it needs to go and help me to develop the trust and patience needed to simply close my eyes and put ALL my faith in him.  I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!
Good night all
Sarah


Quote of the day


 

No comments:

Post a Comment