Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thankfulness...Day 81

What a day....this was one of those days that come along every once in a while and I just bask in the glory of it for about a week after.  Robin and I both had a holiday yesterday and today.  Today I finally felt up to leaving the house.  We went to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, the mall (GASP!), and the grocery store.  
Once we got back home, Robin and I settled into our crafty groove and watched some quality television (Judy Moody and Bad Dog).  Robin made several multicolored spiders to add to our Halloween decor, 
and I started on her hand painted Toms.  I have one shoe finished, but I have not been able to convince her that the one shoe painted, one shoe plain look in totally in this season.  She is insisting on two painted shoes.  


I also worked on some of my fall themed wreaths.  I am having so much fun rerouting my teachery craftiness into basic crafty goodness.  I found this wreath on etsy and have made a halloween one, two fall ones, and once I get the right green yarn I will be starting on a christmas version.  
I also made some duct tape flower pens to add to a birthday gift that I dropped off this afternoon.  The pens didn't take long to make at all and they are soooooo cute!
In other news...my mom made it home from Vegas in one piece...with some amazing stories.  What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall for one of the infamous "Sister trips."  As is the norm with our family the trip home from the airport took about 6 hours instead of 45 minutes, but Mimi was already to a pretty good place about the whole ordeal.   I love it when I don't have to be present when things fall apart, and I get to see the hilarity in the retelling of the experience.  
So Robin and I split the day between relaxing and being productive and now we are waiting for our baked potatoes.  Tomorrow...it is back to business as usual...for now at least


Love to all
Sarah


Quote of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment