Sunday, September 25, 2011

T-shirt Quilt

Mismatched Monday at camp!
I have been saving all Robin's camp t-shirts since she started going to camp 6 years ago.  My plan is to make a T-shirt quilt for her to use as her blanket on her bunk at camp  I have plenty of shirts, but I am terrified of my sewing machine.  I have managed to successfully make bean bags for my classroom...sensory bags for my classroom...and several sock monsters that in my opinion turned out pretty well.  Those projects really only required me to sew in a straight line.  When I look at the pile of t-shirts and think about the sewing skill that will be necessary to turn them into anything worth saving my skin starts to itch a little.  




I have spent the last week trying to kick a nasty case of bronchitis.  This gave me way toooo much time to cruise different blogs and pinterest.  I found an amazing blog called C.R.A.F.T.  The woman who posts here makes things that are usually free and always adorable.  Guess what...I found a tutorial for a t-shirt quilt.  She actually says that if you can sew in a straight line (I can!!!) you can make this quilt.  So it looks like Robin might have a t-shit quilt by the time she leaves for camp next summer.  Please visit C.R.A.F.T. (creating really awesome free things).  Click on the picture of the quilt and it will take you there!




I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT :) Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete