Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thankfulness...Day 78

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to teach again.  I would never ever wish poor health upon anyone I love.  However, today the lead teacher in my classroom was out (I hope she feels better VERY soon), so I got to be the teacher.  I had a lesson plan and I did the best I could with what was written, but that wasn't the best part of the day.  The best part was being in charge again...being able to make decisions and carry them out.  Choosing the story...choosing line leaders...working on art activities...working on anything really that didn't involve asking a child if they have to "teetee."  I know I am not healthy enough to handle all the responsibilities of teaching all the time, but it was nice to know that my teaching muscle still works.    I am most definitely good for more than wiping noses,  taking children to the bathroom and cutting things out of construction paper.  So I will continue pinning things on pinterest...I will continue scouring the internet for nifty things to do with the kiddos...I will wait patiently for the time to come when I am strong enough to take my classroom back...and know that when that time comes I will still be an amazing teacher.
Love to all
Sarah


Quote of the day...alright there are 12 three-five year olds in my class...I may not have them all day but I figure I get at least half of their daily questions...so that is around 2,015 questions a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment