Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Newest Vlog

Yesterday my infusion was ROUGH.  The extra time I spent in bed/bathroom/head over a bucket, gave me some time to think.  Mostly I thought about how I could weasel my way out of feeling so horrible, but I also thought a little bit about the term disabled.  I was recently approved for disability through SSDI.  Don't get me wrong I am super thankful about this approval, but with it carries this stigma that I am now a drain on all the other healthy tax paying americans in the country.  Just as an aside....I also paid taxes (maybe not very much) but still and I contributed to the Social Security pot.  I understand I did not contribute near enough to keep me in disability checks for my whole life, but if you think telling me you are so glad to see your tax dollars at work for someone you know...could you skip it?!?

I also spent time thinking about all the ways I am perfectly able that cannot be measured with money.  I am still able to do a mean french braid (or two) for The Bug in the mornings.  I can still give her a cuddle if she has a nightmare.  I can still write on the blog.  I can still pin a trillion ideas on pinterest...(But NOW I have the time to actually make some of the things I pin.  The list goes on and on.  I also recorded a new YouTube video today.  This one is short...so if you feel up to it...this is your tax dollars at work!   :)
To the moon and back,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment